I have been the the senior pastor (or pastor-teacher) of Woodland Christian Church since December of 2010. In March of 2014, Doug Connell was hired as the associate pastor. He uses the gifts God has given him to serve specifically in the areas of counseling (marriage & family, plus 1-on-1 discipleship), training and equipping of home fellowship leaders, prayer needs, and visitation. It is his joy to serve, equip, and strengthen the body.
Pastor Doug’s wife Jessica is a popular blogger. They have been married for 15 years, and their seven children are: Ethan-13, Baxter-11, Maranatha-9, Silas-8, Moses-5, Theo-3, and Luke– 1), and baby #8 on the way.
If you’d like to contact Pastor Doug for prayer, encouragement, questions, or any other reason:
- His e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow him on Twitter: https://twitter.com/douglasbconnell
- Visit his blog: http://dougconnell.com/
With Pastor Doug’s arrival, I have been able to commit more time to preaching, teaching, and administration. Although, I still perform some counseling, and I make myself available whenever people want to meet.
Woodland Christian Church Info
- WCC is a non-denominational church that places a strong emphasis on expositional preaching of God’s Word.
- The music at WCC is beautiful and worshipful using the piano, guitar, violin, flute, cello, and organ.
- WCC considers itself a “family church” because:
- The congregation feels like one (large) family.
- Families generally engage in activities together (camp, game nights, services, etc) versus splitting up or removing children.
General schedule of services (details are on the Weekly Events page):
- Sunday Morning Prayer from 9:15am to 9:40am – open to all ages.
- Sunday School from 9:45am to 10:45am – open to all ages.
- Worship Service at 11:00am – everyone together in the sanctuary.
- Evening Service at 7:00pm – everyone together in the sanctuary.
- Home Fellowships throughout the week (details on the Home Fellowships page).