“Husbands Love Your Wives” is the second message I preach at Marriage God’s Way Conferences. This message is the complement to “Wives Submit to Your Husbands.” Watch this video to have a marriage conference in the privacy of your own home!
Below you will find:
- Lessons for the message
- Discussion questions for the message
- Message notes
- Information about a Marriage God’s Way Conference you (or your church) could host
- Information about my books: Marriage God’s Way, and the accompanying workbook.
Lesson 1: Husbands love their wives by ______________ them with the ________ (Ephesians 5:26; John 15:3, 17:17).
Lesson 2: Husbands love their wives by setting the ________________ for ________________ in the home.
Lesson 3: Husbands get the wives they ______________ for __________________ (Ephesians 5:27; Galatians 5:19–23, 6:7).
Lesson 4: Husbands love their wives by __________ as ___________________ about them as they are about themselves (Ephesians 5:28–29; Genesis 2:23–24).
Lesson 5: (Part I) Wives must feel like the ______________ ______________________ in their husband’s life, (Part II) which can take ____________________ ________________ things from the husband’s life (Ephesians5:31; Matthew 5:29, 18:9).
Lesson 6: Think of how Jesus loved ______ __________ (Matthew 13:44–46; Romans 3:11; Hebrews 12:2).
Husband asks wife:
- Do you feel like I love you? What do I do that makes you feel loved? What do I do that makes you feel unloved?
- Do you feel like I take care of you as well as I take care of myself?
- Do you feel like the supreme relationship in my life?
Wife asks husband:
- What do I do that makes it easy to love me? What do I do that makes it hard to love me?
- Do we have anything in our home that should be removed, because it is threatening our holiness?
- What fruit of the Spirit or works of the flesh do you see in me that characterize my life?