“How Husbands Should Treat Their Wives” is the fourth message I preach at Marriage God’s Way Conferences. This message is the complement to “How Wives Should Respect Their Husbands.” Watch this video to have a marriage conference in the privacy of your own home!
Below you will find:
- Lessons for the message
- Discussion questions for the message
- Message notes
- Information about a Marriage God’s Way Conference you (or your church) could host
- Information about my books: Marriage God’s Way, and the accompanying workbook.
- Lesson 1: Remember listening is ______ ____________ (Matthew 7:24-27; Luke 8:21; John 13:17; James 1:22, 4:17).
- Lesson 2: Husbands treat their wives well by:
- (Part I) ________________ them (1 Peter 3:7a).
- (Part II) ________________ them (1 Peter 3:7b).
- (Part III) Recognizing they’re the ____________ ____________ (1 Peter 3:7c).
- (Part IV) Being __________________ ______ (1 Peter 3:7d; Matthew 7:19; Luke 13:7).
- Lesson 3: Husbands mistreat their wives by:
- (Part I) Responding in __________ (Genesis 30:1–2).
- (Part II) Responding in __________ (1 Samuel 1:6–8; Proverbs 25:20).
Husband asks wife:
- Do you feel like I strive to learn about you and understand you?
- Do you feel like I honor you for your femininity?
- Do you feel like I make your submission easier by being a spiritual man?
- Do you feel like I respond to you in anger or pride?
Wife asks husband:
- Do you feel like I try to be a consistent wife so it’s easier to understand me?
- Do you feel like I strive to be feminine?
- Thinking about the account with Rachel and Jacob, do you feel like I:
- Act melodramatically like she did?
- Take my frustrations out on you?
- Covet what other women have?