Wives are commanded to submit because it’s necessary
We see the clear need for submission in all other areas of life. No organization can be successful without authority or headship:
- Businesses have CEOs.
- Sports teams have coaches.
- Governments have presidents or prime ministers.
Just as we recognize the need for a leader, or a head, we also recognize that there cannot be two heads. We don’t see two head coaches, two presidents, two head pilots, or two head surgeons. Imagine how uncomfortable you would feel:
- Flying on a plane with two head pilots arguing over the flight plan
- Being operated on by two head surgeons quarreling over the proper procedure
Instead we always see a:
- Head coach and an assistant coach
- President and a vice-president
- Pilot and a co-pilot
- Principal and an assistant principal