I am available for speaking engagements at churches, conferences, camps, or retreats. I have a separate page if you’re interested in a Marriage God’s Way Conference. Below are my upcoming engagements. All Sundays not listed I am preaching at Woodland Christian Church:
- August 20 & 21, 2016, Friday and Saturday, speaking at Perkins Creek Campground for Mayger Downing Community Church Family Camp.
- September 10, 2016, Saturday, speaking at Christian Heritage Regional Homeschool Kick Off Picnic in Battle Ground, WA.
- October 2, 2016, Sunday, preaching at Household of Faith in Vancouver, WA for morning worship service.
- November 6, 2016, Sunday, preaching at Grace Bible Church for morning worship service.
- December 4, 2016, Sunday, preaching at Castle Rock Christian Church for morning worship service.
- January 27 & 28, 2017, Friday and Saturday, speaker for Castle Rock Christian Church Marriage Weekend in Seaside, OR.
- February 16 & 17, 2017, Thursday and Friday, speaker for Christian Heritage Marriage Retreat at Enzian Inn in Leavenworth, WA. Register here!
- March 12, 2017, South Tapps Church, Sunday, preaching at in Bonney Lake, WA for morning worship service.
- March 23-25, 2017, Thursday to Saturday, Northwest Ministry Conference at Overlake Christian Church in Redmond, WA. Teaching two workshops and exhibitor booth for Marriage God’s Way.
- April 20-22, 2017, Thursday to Saturday, Teach Them Diligently Conference at Kalahari Resort in Sandusky, OH. Teaching four workshops and exhibitor booth for Marriage God’s Way.
- April 27-29, 2017, Thursday to Saturday, Christian Heritage Conference, at Overlake Christian Church in Redmond, WA. Teaching four workshops and exhibitor booth for Marriage God’s Way.
- June 9 & 10, 2017, Friday and Saturday, WHO (Washington Home School Organization) Convention, teaching two workshops and exhibitor booth for Marriage God’s Way.
- November 23-26, 2017, Thursday to Sunday, Christian Renewal Center, speaker for Thanksgiving Retreat.
- February 9-11, 2018, Friday to Sunday,Christian Renewal Center, speaker for Sweetheart Weekend.
Speaking compensation and references
Although most speakers receive an honorarium, I would rather have copies of Marriage God’s Way and the Marriage God’s Way Workbook purchased. This has worked well in the past, with pastors or organizers appreciating receiving copies to distribute to their congregations. Attendance has also increased at events when people knew they were receiving the book and workbook as gift for registering.
Speaking references are available upon request.
Bio for programs, brochures, or websites
- First-person bio: I am the senior pastor of Woodland Christian Church, in Woodland, WA and the author of Marriage God’s Way: A Biblical Recipe for Healthy, Joyful, Christ-Centered Relationships. My wife, Katie, and I have been blessed with six children that we homeschool. Prior to pastoring I taught elementary school and served as an officer in the Army. Most of my time is spent with my home and church families. I also enjoy teaching God’s Word and speaking at conferences and retreats.
- Third-person bio: Scott LaPierre is the senior pastor of Woodland Christian Church, in Woodland, WA and the author of Marriage God’s Way: A Biblical Recipe for Healthy, Joyful, Christ-Centered Relationships. Pastor Scott and his wife, Katie, have been blessed with six children that they homeschool. Prior to pastoring Scott taught elementary school and served as an officer in the Army. Most of his time is spent with his home and church families. He also enjoys teaching God’s Word and speaking at conferences and retreats.
If you are considering contacting me for an event, please listen to one of the following sermons or watch one of the below videos:
- When Jesus Doesn’t Meet Our Expectations (Luke 7:18-19)
- Victory Over Death (Luke 7:13-17)
- Causing Jesus to Marvel (Luke 7:9-10)
- The Roman Centurion: A Wonderful Example (Luke 7:1-8)
- Fruit Inspection (Luke 6:43-45)
Messages or workshops available for speaking engagements
Other teachings are available, but here is a sample…
- Reversing the Effects of the Fall On Your Marriage—The Fall introduced The Battle of the Sexes. Men and women both received sin natures that manifest themselves differently. Husbands and wives should be aware of the struggles typical for them. Most importantly: What can be done? How can these effects be reversed?
- A Husband’s Love and a Wife’s Submission/Respect—Husbands are commanded to have agape for their wives, but wives are commanded to have phileo for their husbands (Titus 2:4). Why the difference? What does this mean for husbands and wives? Why are husbands commanded to love, but wives are commanded to submit? Learn the answers to these questions!
- Complementarianism Versus Egalitarianism or “Male and Female He Created Them”—Description: Our culture has been blurring the lines between the genders for years. We’ve moved past homosexual marriage to transgender bathrooms. God created two people who are equal, but who have different roles and responsibilities. Why is complementarianism biblical? What affect is egalitarianism having on the world, the church, and the family?
- Strong Marriages for Healthy, Homeschooling Environments—Homeschooling children flourish in environments when the parents have strong, healthy marriages. Conversely, children suffer emotionally and academically when there’s disunity or conflict between Mom and Dad. Join Pastor Scott LaPierre, the author of Marriage God’s Way, as he discusses how parents can have relationships that are joyful, loving, and provide an atmosphere for children to learn and grow in, not just academically, but emotionally and spiritually.
- Children and Barrenness: A Biblical View of Children—What does the Bible say about children? They’re a gift, reward, and blessing. Opening the womb was one of God’s most gracious acts in Scripture. Conversely, barrenness was one of the worst trials for people to endure. As Christians, what application does this have for us today?
- Avoiding Hypocrisy in Parenting/Homeschooling—We desire the best for our children. We want them to embrace the Gospel and follow the Lord at the earliest possible time in their lives. Our children face so many threats today. Could one of those threats be from their own parents? As Christian parents what can we do to avoid hypocrisy in our parenting and ensure our children see the Gospel in us, through our lives, and through our parenting?
For fathers, husbands, sons (fitting for men’s conferences or father and son retreats):
- David and Saul: Examples of Good and Bad Leadership—God has called men to be leaders. Contrasting David and Saul reveals what good leaders should and shouldn’t do.
- Consequences of Poor Headship—In Genesis 34 Jacob’s family suffered because of his poor leadership. He planted his family at Shechem, never considering the terrible consequences. What can men learn from Jacob’s mistakes? How can fathers and husbands – as well as sons growing up to be men – do to avoid some of these same mistakes?
Service (fitting for appreciation banquets):
- God’s View of Service— When David and his men rescued their wives and children from the Amalekites, some of the men became exhausted. David said, “But as his part is who goes down to the battle, so shall his part be who stays by the supplies; they shall share alike” (1 Samuel 30:24). These words reveal the way God sees volunteers.
- Encouraging and promoting volunteers in your church—There are some non-glamorous ministries in the church, but they’re glamorous to God. Learn principles that encourage people in the ministries in the body of Christ.
- Finances: Our Real Problem Is…or A Biblical View of Finances—Develop a biblical view of finances. What does the Bible say about debt? How can Christians avoid debt? Learn principles for adults to apply to their marriages, and for parents to pass along to their children.
- So You Would Like to Publish a Book? Or So you would like your children to publish a book?—Have you thought of publishing a book, but haven’t really known where to start? Learn about literary agents and traditional versus self-publishing. Questions about editing, cover design, interior design…find some answers!
Katie LaPierre is available for ladies’ speaking engagements
My wife, Katie, also enjoys speaking at ladies’ events. Each week she goes over my sermon with me, two (and sometimes three) times. As a result, she’s become very familiar with preparing messages. She enjoys speaking on a variety of topics for women as well as facilitating Q&A’s.
As a pastor’s wife and home-schooling mother, she knows the different trials that women face. This leaves her feeling blessed whenever she has the opportunity to encourage other wives and mothers in their ministries to their husbands, children, and homes.
Here are samples of Katie’s teachings from ladies’ conferences as well as a video of one of her messages: