God intended marriage to be a great joy, but we can only experience this joy if we obey the principles in His Word. This workbook will help you apply the biblical recipe in Marriage God’s Way. Inside you will find:
- Clear instructions on prayer, communication, and forgiveness
- Insightful questions that solve marital frustrations
- Practical exercises to enjoy with your spouse
- Helpful discussion topics that strengthen your relationship
Use this great tool in your marriage, small group, or church. It is perfect for engaged couples, newlyweds, and marriage veterans.
There are questions for husbands, wives, and both as a couple:
- Husband: What are three ways your wife makes you feel respected? Disrespected?
- Wife: Second only to Christ, do you feel like the supreme relationship in your husband’s life? Why or why not?
- Husband: When your wife is suffering, do you feel like she takes it out on you like Rachel did with Jacob (Genesis 30:1)?
- Wife: What can your husband do to help you more easily resist the temptation to nag him?
- Both: What do we have in our home that threatens our holiness, and how do we remove it?
Regardless of the person asked, the purpose of each question is to help you have a healthy, joyful, Christ-centered relationship!
Marriage God’s Way has been endorsed by a number of prominent pastors, authors, speakers, and ministry leaders. Here are a few…
“Most Christian books on marriage today don’t have much scripture in them. Not this one. It is saturated with the Word of God. If you want a book that is built on the foundation of exposition of scripture, this book is for you. While Scott offers many practical insights, they are all grounded in the biblical text using biblical language. This book will take you from Genesis to Revelation on marriage. It will fill your mind with the pure and perfect word of God. This is what every marriage needs.”
Scott T. Brown
Husband of thirty-one years
Director of the National Center for Family-Integrated Churches, and pastor of Hope Baptist Church in Wake Forest, North Carolina
Author of A Theology of the Family
“With the divorce rate for Christians lagging just behind that of unbelievers, there is no shortage of Christian books on marriage. Unfortunately, few of these books offer lasting effectiveness, because they lack the authority and wisdom of Scripture. Most merely weave together tidbits of human wisdom and pop ideas spiced up with random Scripture verses. Scott LaPierre understands that strong marriages need more than tidbits of wisdom and pop ideas. He knows that as the Designer of marriage, God gave us His Word as a sort of owner’s manual. Therefore, in Marriage God’s Way Scott draws upon the authority and wisdom of the Bible to help every couple find the passion, intimacy, and romance that God intended.”