Hello and thank you for visiting my site! I’m Scott LaPierre:
- Senior pastor of Woodland Christian Church
- Author of Marriage God’s Way and the accompanying workbook
- Regional Facilitator over WA, OR, and CA for The National Center for Family-Integrated Churches
- Speaker for marriage events
My wife, Katie, and I have been blessed with six children that we homeschool. We grew up together in the small town of McArthur, in the mountains of northern California. After high school I attended Florida Institute of Technology where I received my bachelors in business administration while participating in Army ROTC. After graduation I was commissioned as an armor officer.
Following the military I taught elementary school while receiving my masters in education. During that time I became a Christian and soon found myself longing to be in ministry. God opened a door for me to work part-time as an associate pastor at Grace Baptist Church in Lemoore, California. The church grew, they hired me on full-time, and I left teaching public school. During this time I received my masters in biblical studies. In 2010 I began communicating with the elders at Woodland Christian Church and I made the transition to become their senior pastor in December 2010.
I spend most of my time with my home and church families. I also enjoy teaching God’s Word and speaking at conferences and retreats. The free time I have is usually committed to reading and writing. Our kids stay pretty busy with church, music, and school.
You can check it out here. I generally write about:
- Topics from Scripture
- My family and ministry
Katie and I also use Facebook Live to answer marriage questions sent to us. If you have a question, send it to me and we’ll try to answer it!
Here are sample posts:
- Husbands get the wives they prepare for themselves
- Can a wife love her husband without respecting him?
- Hope Initiative Ministries receives Marriage God’s Way
- 6 Reasons to Avoid Divisive People
- Am I saved? Seven tests to know!
- The art of apologizing well
You can subscribe here. My desire is to help strengthen your marriage and relationship with Christ.
You’ll hear from me every two-to-three weeks so I don’t overwhelm you with emails. I know your inbox is already busy, so I’ll try to make sure each message is packed with value.
Subscribing is quick, easy, and you can unsubscribe at any time. You’ll also receive:
- Free chapters of Marriage God’s Way and the Marriage God’s Way Workbook
- A coupon code to use on any purchases
Thank you ahead of time for letting me be part of your life!