Would you (or your church) like to host one of my conferences or invite me for a speaking engagement? You can expect:
- Professionally prepared and delivered messages
- Copies of my books to offer as gifts to increase registrations (if you desire)
- Advertising of your event on my website and social media (if you desire)
- Facebook ads and/or a Facebook event page so the event can serve as an outreach (if you desire)
- Prompt responses to any communication
- A handout with lessons and discussion questions:
2019 Speaking Engagements
- Marriage God’s Way Conference at Seventh Day Adventist Church in Sunnyside, WA on January 12th & 13th
- Northwest Marriage Conference at Living Hope Church in Vancouver, WA on February 9th
- Marriage God’s Way Conference at Calvary Revival Church Chesapeake in Chesapeake, VA on April 5th & 6th, followed by guest preaching at the worship service on April 7th
- Christian Heritage Conference at Overlake Christian Church in Redmond, WA on April 26th & 27th
- Hope for the Family Conference at Cornerstone Bible Church in Lake Stevens, WA on September 20th & 21st
- Thanksgiving Retreat at Christian Renewal Center in Silverton, OR on November 28th-December 1st
Sample Schedule for Conferences
- Friday—7:00PM—Message 1
- 9:00AM—Message 2
- 10:00AM—Break and discussion time/table talk
- 10:30AM—Message 3
- 1:00PM—Message 4
- 2:00PM—Break and discussion time/table talk
- 2:30PM—Message 5
- 3:30PM—Questions and answers
- 4:30PM—Conference concludes
There is flexibility:
- Conferences can be spread over three days or kept to one day
- Q&A sessions can be added after each message
Five Messages for Marriage God’s Way Conferences:
- Temptations Facing Husbands and Wives
- A Husband’s Love
- A Wife’s Submission
- How Husbands Should Treat Their Wives
- How Wives Should Respect Their Husbands
Accompanying Lessons and Discussion Questions from Handout
Lesson 1: As we begin, make the decision to:
- (Part I) Focus on ________ ____________________ more than your spouse’s.
- (Part II) Turn your frustrations ________ ____________.
- (Part III) Recognize your marriage is a reflection of your ________________________ with ____________.
Lesson 2: God created headship before ______ ________ (Genesis 2:16-17).
Lesson 3: Wives are tempted to:
- (Part I) ______________ their husbands (Genesis 3:16 cf. 4:7).
- (Part II) ______ their husbands (Proverbs 19:13b, 21:9, 19, 25:24, 27:15–16).
Lesson 4: Husbands are tempted to:
- (Part I) Be ________________ (Genesis 3:16).
- (Part II) ________________ their wives (Colossians 3:19; Genesis 3:16).
- (Part III) Be ______________ (Genesis 3:17).
Lesson 5: Reverse the effects of The Fall by ______________ God’s ________________ for marriage.
Husband asks wife:
- Do you feel like I am stubborn?
- Do you feel like I am harsh or authoritarian with you?
- Do you feel like I am passive?
Wife asks husband:
- Do you feel like I try to control you?
- Do you feel like I nag you?
- Do you feel like I stir you up for good…or evil?
Five messages for Enduring Trials God’s Way Conferences:
- Preparing for Trials
- Understanding Trials Versus Discipline
- Proving Our Faith
- God’s Plan for Maturity
- Becoming Better or Bitter
Accompanying Lessons and Discussion Questions from Handout
Lesson 1: ____________ ____________ (Jam 1:2a; Acts 14:22; 1 Thes 3:3; 1 Pet 4:12-19; John 16:33).
Lesson 2: Trials are __________________________, but not accidents (Jam 1:2b; Rom 8:28; 1 Pet 1:6).
Lesson 3: A strong ____________________ is needed (Matt 7:24-27).
Lesson 4: Build during __________ of __________ (2 Chr 14:2-12).
Lesson 5: During the __________ ____________ “the Lord is [still] very compassionate and merciful” (Jam 5:11a).
Lesson 6: There’s an “______ ________________ by the Lord” in trials (Jam 5:11b).
- Why should it be encouraging to remember God is in control while you are in the middle of a trial?
- Have you been “building your walls” during times of peace? If yes, how? If not, how will you build in the future?
- What daily trials do you experience that you need to be aware of, because of their potential to wear you down?
- During trials, what characteristics of God can you focus on to help you better endure trials? Write down a verse (or two) to memorize that reveals this characteristic.
- Unbelievers and some genuine believers ask, “Why would a loving God ____?” How would you answer this question, considering 1 Peter 3:15 says we must “always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks [for] a reason for the hope that is in” us?
- When has God used a trial in your life to bring forth good? In other words, when have you been able to look back on a trial and see the end intended by the Lord?
Eric Burd—Senior Pastor and President of Household of Faith Fellowship of Church
I so much appreciate the teaching ministry of Scott LaPierre. Saturated with sound doctrine, laced with stories and sprinkled with humor, listening to Scott is a real treat for anyone who enjoys practical, biblical teaching. He communicates in a way that captures and holds your attention while shoveling powerful spiritual truths in your direction. Get the funnel out and put it to your ears.
Michael and Susan Bradrick—Founders and directors of Family Discipleship Ministries and co-founders and board members of Christian Heritage
Scott is personally reaping the blessings of tenaciously studying God’s Word and then applying it first to himself, his marriage, and his family. He insightfully and engagingly shares God’s Word and its essential practical application with others through both his speaking and writing. You will be greatly blessed and helped in your own life by what Scott has to share.
Tim and Julie Hansen—Directors of Christian Renewal Center
Scott has a needed message for couples today that is straight from God’s Word. Tim and I grew in some key areas after attending one of Scott’s Marriage Conferences and we have been married for 29 years and have participated in 32 marriage weekends. Good stuff!
John Thomas—Senior Pastor of Mayger Downing Community Church
Scott is a very gifted pastor and speaker. His Christ-centered messages inspire one to faith, hope, and love; stirring up desire to be a doer of the Word, not just a hearer only.
Contact me if interested in having me for a speaking engagement!